Spanish born photographer based in London.
She mainly works in long term documentary projects supported by extensive research and portraiture photography.
She has dedicated her life to the visual arts, her greatest passion.
She holds an MA in Fine Art photography at London College of Communication ( University of the Arts (London) ) and won the commendation and additional showcase for Photoworks.
She is a member of the Royal Photographic Society.
In 2010 she graduated from the University of Westminster with a Bachelor of Arts in Contemporary Media Practice. To this she has added a distinction in Photography from the New York Film Academy and a Higher National Certificate in Media Production. Raquel has also studied digital arts and sustainable design at Hong Kong Baptist University as part of n exchange student program.
In 2013, she was awarded the Nikon UK Prize at the East-West Awards.
Often exhibited, Raquel Carro is regularly engaged for both public and private photography work, and has been commissioned for various fashion assignments including London Fashion Week and other events . She is also noted for her documentary travel expeditions, including her recent “Cuba” .
She is a member of the ‘Royal Photographic Society’.
Raquel is happy to work on assignments or events either alone or as part of a team, and is willing to travel.
• East-West Award Artist Exchange. Group Exhibition. La galleria, Pall Mall. London. October 2017
• EWAEE East West artist Exchange Exhibition. Group Exhibition. Posk Gallery. London. August 2017
• 'Between the Cracks' MA Degree show.Ugly Duck. London. November 2016
• Utopian Land. Interim show.Group Exhibition. London Colleague of Communication. London. March 2016
• Migrants, what does migration means to you? June 2016.Group Exhibition. Gallery on the corner.London
• East West Photography and Digital Arts. Group exhibition. Posk Gallery. London February 2016
• East West Art Award Competition. Group Exhibition. La Galleria, Pall Mall (London) October 2015
• Chelsea Town Hall. Group Exhibition. May 2015
• East-West Artist Exchange Exhibition (Kyoto) March 2014 – Artist
• East West Art Award Competition. La Galleria, Pall Mall (London) October 2013
• Pool Party. Group Exhibition. The Albert (London) September 2013
Rhythms of a new open Cuba. Solo Exhibition. June 201
• Hybrid Minds. Group Exhibition. The Forum (London) June 2013
PRIZES AND AWARDS
Aesthetica Magazine Emerging Artist of the Year 2017
Photoworks Showcase and commendation 2016
2nd Place Best Photography at the East West Awards 2015
First Place best Photography. Nikon UK Prize at the East-West Awards. 2013